Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My poor Sienna


Sienna has a cold. I rushed her to the vet this morning because she sounded congested, and was breathing hard. She had caught a cold, probably from Buddy, who was sick last week. He was sneezing all the time, slept a lot, had a fever, and was lethargic for a few days.
This was not the first upper respiratory infection that Buddy caught. Such infections are transmitted through the air, which means the virus could have been on me or come through an open window. My cats do not go outside.
Buddy was back to normal after about 5 to 6 days. Now Sienna has it, but she's wheezing and having other issues. The vet took an x-ray to see check Sienna's lungs. No congestion in the lungs, and she's eating. But she's got a cold. She's sleeping on a blanket on the couch right now, and I have the heating pad on low.
Ella and Edison have come cover to see her, but Buddy has been rather snarly and does not want to provide sympathy.

5 comments:

Tracey said...

I hope she gets well soon!!

I love your blog by the way. I too am obsessed with royalty, particularly British.

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

thank you. I cannot wait to get home to make sure she's all right.

Bev Stephans said...

Poor little kitty. I hope she gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

I know just how you feel. My junior cat had a cold two weeks ago but is fine now. The alpha cat started sneezing and wheezing a few days ago, but that's his only symptom. The vet said that as long as they're eating and have no eye infections, the best thing is tincture of time. Most cats get over their colds just fine on their own, fortunately.

Hope your cat is better soon.

Mary

Anonymous said...

Dear Marlene,

I hope that Sienna will be in better health.

I know the worry that a beloved pet can cause.

I spent the afternoon with my niece Lucinda, who is so worried about her loved cat. I wonder if her male cousins would be so stoical if one their beloved cats became so ill.

Good luck,
Keith.